At Sphere, we offer management consulting, innovations & engineering, enterprise applications, data analytics, and staff augmentation services, through onsite and remote world-class teams. Now we are looking for a Director of Enterprise Applications Practice to join our team.
We are seeking to hire a leader for its Business Applications practice who can address our growth and scale the practice, organically and via other methods..
Our services range from driving Strategy (Application modernization, Enabling a Digital workplace) to Technology implementations (Mobile enablement, custom app development, ERP, CRM, WorkOS, HR, and Analytics systems, marketing automation, data solutions, enterprise content management, RPA services) to Managed services (Application portfolio support, Transformative Applications Management).
The right candidate brings deep experience in managing a wide variety of enterprise applications portfolio both from a build as well as operational standpoint, process, knowledge of the enterprise ecosystem, expertise of various solutions & services across multiple domains.
The individual will be responsible for collaborating with the top leadership of the firm to develop go-to-market plans, work with partners and business development organizations as well as manage the practice from a revenue growth, profitability, talent and service delivery standpoint.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountability for the practice, including driving sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
- Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, partner management and thought leadership.
- Business Development – Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of the Company.
- Team & Individual Development – Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
- Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing clients and partners
- Manage executive and Senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships
- Work with teams to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings
- Participate in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements; manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership
- Mentor, develop, and proactively support practice capabilities per market demand
- Support recruiting and onboarding of new employees and development of leaders
- Act as a trusted advisor to our clients and create business value enterprise applications projects and initiatives
- Scale the solution architecture and business and process assessments competencies
- A minimum of 15+ years experience showing growth from hands-on custom applications work to driving applications portfolio modernization to driving Digital transformation strategy;
- Deep understanding of Business applications implementation , customizations, maintenance & support in a Fortune 1000 enterprise distributed globally;
- A minimum of 10+ years' experience either all experience being in technology leadership position and digital transformation or showing growth from business process consulting or custom applications work into the Digital space;
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience with a Big-4/Global SI firm in a practice leadership role with proven strategy and organizational experience;
- Entrepreneurial skills with a constant focus on revenue and targets;
- Experience in building leadership teams and collaborating across practices;
- Responsible for overall profitability of the Business applications practice team;
- Candidates with advanced degrees (MBA/MS/MA/ME.) are preferred;
- Excellent writing and communication / presentation capabilities are essential;
- Prior experience in M&A will be very helpful.
Sphere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).