Sphere Partners with Clients to transform their organizations, embed technology and process into everything they do, and enable lasting competitive advantage. We combine global expertise and local insight to help people and companies to turn their ambitious goals into reality. At Sphere we put people first and strive to be a changemaker by building a better future through innovation and technology.
The Data Engineering teams build and maintain the tools, data pipelines and infrastructure that support our client’s data management and analytics needs. Our solutions bring structure to customer systems and customer data across mid-tier and enterprise customers.
Contract to Hire
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Optimize existing and architect from scratch new data platforms to collect, transform and enable clients ease of query and analysis;
- Integrate and leverage machine learning infrastructure to empower data scientists to more easily gain access to a consistent view of client’s data;
- Be a subject matter expert on market-leading data trends, technologies tools and their compatible components for data injection, processing and presentation;
- Conduct business requirements session plans and flows;
- Summarize technical design to non-technical audiences while at the same time providing direction to the delivery team to execute upon;
- Along with the Data Practice Lead, execute on the vision and strategy for the Data Engineering teams;
- Provide thought leadership on data technologies: what are the best practices on identifying, storing, provisioning, processing, and governing data, with particular attention to compliance and security needs;
- Recruit talented individuals to the team;
- Support the sales team on data services opportunities and conversations with clients.
- Full stack BI development experience. Everything from the E part of ETL through the T and L and all the way through the presentation layer. Data integration experience is a plus;
- Fluency in a programming language such as Python or Scala, and their respective standard data processing libraries. Python is preferred;
- Experience working with data lakes and data processing systems that operate across a large organization and that make use of technologies such as Spark, Hive, Presto, Databricks or Snowflake;
- Skill with stakeholder management to collect and prioritize requests and translate to roadmap;
- Cube Building, Data Mart building, and dimensional modeling experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field.
Sphere offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.